Let’s keep nutrition easy
We are your local vertical farm focused on making locally grown foods available year-round.
Free Delivery Available
All Plant-Based Packaging
Farm to Table within 24 hours
Available Fresh Weekly
Longer Lasting Product
Growing Food in a City
At Spira Farms we grow food for our local community in Downtown Lemont, Illinois.
We took over an old real estate office building and made it a farm. Now we can do something nobody else can in the area, have produce year-round without worrying about seasonality.
What can you grow indoors?
What are microgreens?
We grow microgreens because they are so nutritionally dense, eating 1oz is like eating 3-6 pounds of the adult. They are also small and compact so you can put them in a sandwich, taco, salad, wraps, smoothies you name it.
Have you eaten fresh lettuce? It’s incredible, and we do not have them enough in our area.
Anti-Fungal, Anti-Oxidants, Anti-Tumor, low calorie, high protein. These are foods that have not been available to our area until this year. If you aren’t a fan of mushrooms, we literally cook these just like chicken, and they taste like chicken too.
Come to our store for deli-style microgreens, or order online where we grow the product for you. The plants we bring are always harvested fresh and delivered within 24 hours.
Open 11AM-6PM Monday – Thursday
Simplify your Families Needs
Nutritious, and sustainable.
1. Produce losses 30-50% of their vitamin C, and 44-80% of their anti-inflammatory properties getting to us from out of state.
2. Make sure your food is fresh, we will bring it to you within 24 hours of harvest.
Sulforaphane is between 23-51x more potent in microgreen broccoli than the adult. Here’s what was found in studies:
- Prostate cancer patients that consumed 60mg of Sulforaphane daily had their cancer growth doubling time take 86% longer than those who didn’t take it. Meaning it grew significantly slower.
- In lab tests, sulforaphane was injected into breast cancer stem cells, to only watch the cancer disappear, the cancer cells were eliminated.
The containers and bags we bring you are made from plants. They are all compostable, and the practice is sustainable. They look and feel like plastic, but its really just corn and sugarcane.
Let’s get logistics out of the way. We don’t need lettuce from California. We can grow food here in Chicagoland year-round. It’s all indoors, so you know there is no pesticides. It’s easy when there are no bugs.
Think your friends will believe that’s broccoli on their food?
Meet the Boreks
When cancer hit the family in 2018, the Borek’s took action on what the doctors said – keep up your nutrition, and stay optimistic.
After researching about nutrition, it was discovered that all produce coming from out of state is no where near as nutritious as local.
To solve for this, microgreens began growing in Chicagoland. Friends and family wanting the nutrition started asking for the microgreens as well, and shortly after that, Spira Farms was born.
Where are these available?
Not only do we provide free delivery within 24 hours of harvest. We also provide them to your local grocery stores. Available at:
- Spira Farms – At our Downtown Lemont Farm
- Kramer Foods – Hinsdale
- Hinsdale Fruit Store – Hinsdale
- Casey’s Foods – Naperville
- Angelo Caputo’s Fresh Markets – Naperville
- Angelo Caputo’s Fresh Markets – Orland Park
- Celina’s Fresh Market – Lemont
- Standard Market – Westmont